Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am sorry if this has been covered before. I have searched the net and this site to find the answer but no luck.

I have a 70 Nova with factory AC. I took the evaporator out and left the heater core intact as well as the internal heater box and all the vents and controls.

I would like to use the heater but still maintain the factory ducting and vents (if that makes sense). My question is; Can I install a non-AC exterior heater box/blower assembly but still have all the vents functional?

Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
1972 Nova
328 Posts
Yes, you can. I used this:
While I haven't tried the heat or fan since install, all it does is remove the AC capacity. You can't use a heater cover on an AC car as the firewall cutout is different.

Use the plastic cover rather than fiberglass, as I've heard those have bad fitment issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input. I will order one of those covers. Good to know the plastic is a better choice.

·
Registered
1972 Nova
328 Posts
I did still have to drill a couple new holes and ream a few out, but I installed with everything still bolted up other than the fender and inner on the passenger side. I sealed it with windshield sealing rope.

The nice thing about the plastic vs fiberglass is that you don't have to take heater core hoses off to install it if your AC is already out (if it's still in you will have to disconnect one hose for a second IIRC).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts