Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP ME WITH YOUR NOVA KNOWLEDGE!!!! I was wondering if any one can help me? I have a 1970 nova and it needs a new sub frame I found one in excellent cond but its a 1974 will this fit my 70?they are both 2 dr cars and from what I can tell they look very similar. please help? any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.thanks!!!

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,088 Posts
Yes, it will fit.

Hi 70novadude,

Yes, it will fit but there are a couple minor differences.

The 74 subframe has different mounting holes for the front bumper than the 68-73 subframes. Easy enough to re-drill using your old subframe and/or bumper brackets as templates.

The 73/74 subframes are setup for the newer "clamshell" style engine mounts. That basically amounts to a couple extra brackets welded to the back edge of the engine crossmember. I don't think they'll interfere with anything but you could cut them off if necessary. Or make use of the 73-up clamshell mounts ... the rubber cushion is totally enclosed in a steel case so they won't pull apart like the older stock mounts could.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Hi 70novadude,

Yes, it will fit but there are a couple minor differences.

The 74 subframe has different mounting holes for the front bumper than the 68-73 subframes. Easy enough to re-drill using your old subframe and/or bumper brackets as templates.

The 73/74 subframes are setup for the newer "clamshell" style engine mounts. That basically amounts to a couple extra brackets welded to the back edge of the engine crossmember. I don't think they'll interfere with anything but you could cut them off if necessary. Or make use of the 73-up clamshell mounts ... the rubber cushion is totally enclosed in a steel case so they won't pull apart like the older stock mounts could.
hi, have any pics? thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts