Chevy Nova Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Those blower scoops are amazing.

The whole project screams "street freak" in all the right ways. Kudos to you for sticking with the vision and executing it well.

The only word of input I have... Put a fuse or a breaker on your battery box as close to the positive lead as you can. Goodness forbid anything ever wore through the positive cable, it would burn the car to the ground.
Thank you for the kind words. I was told the scoops are from the late 50s. An old hot rodder had them on a Buick Nailhead. I haven't been able to find anything exactly the same online, but Nick Arias components makes something similar nowadays.

Sticking to the vision is difficult, but the car already has "the look" and my goal is to maintain it and add to the cool factor with my own touches.

As for the battery positive, the car has a battery cut-off switch in the tail panel. I will definitely be adding a fusible link inline, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Slow and boring update here... the Nova has gone under the knife for general safety and drivability repairs. A lot has to change in order to make this a street car again.
  1. The rear end is a 4.88 gear with a spool... going to 3.55 with posi.
  2. The car has to be completely rewired from front to back, going with a Route 9 kit from American Autowire.
  3. I need all new brake lines, front to back. We found two compression fittings in the rear brake lines alone... not DOT legal or safe.
  4. Heim joints in the ladder bars are dangerously worn out, will need to be replaced.
After the safety crap is out of the way, the fun can begin (probably over this winter).

Stay tuned!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Awesome Build. Love the dual gauge pod setup on the rear of the blower.
Thank you!

Little update... the car is currently blown apart, getting completely rewired. A few little things as setbacks... complete headlight buckets were missing from the front clip, so they had to be sourced on eBay as a kit, along with headlamp pigtails. The Cheetah SCS shifter "command center" is going away in favor of a JEGS switch panel mounted in the radio area of the dash. The rear end is being rebuilt with 3.55 posi, all new brake lines, and a tune up (carb, timing, etc).

I'm going to get it home from the shop and upgrade the fuel system myself in preparation for the blower. The plan is to drive the hell out of it as is for the remainder of the Summer and Fall. Then, tear down over winter to sort out the Weiand blower install and front accessory drive stuff.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts