Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
It’s been a while… today I had the chance to clean up the trunk with a new Taylor aluminum battery box. The old setup was… bad. Cleaned up some wiring and ground connections also.
Hood Automotive lighting Musical instrument accessory Automotive tire Bumper

Rectangle Wood Road surface Flooring Floor

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Hood Trunk Luggage and bags Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There were New England dragway stickers on the lexan side windows. I picked the car up in New Hampshire, so that makes sense. I would love to find some pics of this thing from the 90s.

·
Registered
635 Posts
There were New England dragway stickers on the lexan side windows. I picked the car up in New Hampshire, so that makes sense. I would love to find some pics of this thing from the 90s.
I will dig through mine, I have a ton, I spent every wed night and every weekend there for a lot of years, it also looked familiar, heck I may have lined up against it at some point.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,343 Posts
. . . Hey 70 SS . . . I really like how you did the new battery Box = 'fully- enclosed' . (y) .

Looks so much better ................................. and .......................... safer . 🍺🍺.

. . . . . and , now we know = = = = = "where 's th' meats" . . . . . :cool: .

ps = that look will be - Killer , on th' street .

jim

Reactions: 70 SS

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Picked up a new set of wheels for the front that I’m hoping will match the Day 2 style I’m going for with this transformation. They’re 14x7 M/T ETs. I found a nice set of F70-14 Firestone Wide Oval tires to match. Will post more pics when they’re mounted.
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I guess this is turning into a build thread…Today I got rid of the drag race style Autometer Super Tach, cleaned the 30 year old duct tape residue off the dash frame, and installed a new black dash pad. I got the new seat permanently installed, also. It’s a Scat Procar seat.

Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Window

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Motor vehicle Steering part

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering part

Hood Car Vehicle Steering wheel Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
Groovy future street freak,love it. Nice find on the vintage oval cap E-T 5 spokes or are they repops? A million years ago I had a set of those up front on a 67 Fairlane with steelies out back and I haven't seen a set since. By the way,there should be no tuckin' of those big bolonies. Sweet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Groovy future street freak,love it. Nice find on the vintage oval cap E-T 5 spokes or are they repops? A million years ago I had a set of those up front on a 67 Fairlane with steelies out back and I haven't seen a set since. By the way,there should be no tuckin' of those big bolonies. Sweet.
Thank you for the kind words! The ETs are a vintage set, and I'm hoping they fit the overall vibe of the car.

And there ain't no bolonies gettin' tucked on my watch :LOL:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Super busy weekend. Not much progress other than getting the tires mounted.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I'm putting together an order now for completely updating the fuel system of this car. The AN lines and fittings look to be 20+ years old and they're stinking up my garage (and house). The kids' playroom is above the garage and the gasoline smell is really not good. Will update soon.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Firestone redlines,how fargin' cool is that?!!! Combo is gonna look great up front. Bolt 'em on and get us some pics. I wanted redlines for my gasser but by the time I land them in Canada they're crazy spendy,not happening. Too bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Haven't had time to get much done lately aside from some assembly on the blower: carburetors, fuel lines, scoops, gauges, etc. Check out the eye candy below until I can get some more substantial work done on this thing.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting White Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Gas Auto part Machine Engineering Automotive wheel system

Train Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Gas Cylinder

·
Registered
691 Posts
Those blower scoops are amazing.

The whole project screams "street freak" in all the right ways. Kudos to you for sticking with the vision and executing it well.

The only word of input I have... Put a fuse or a breaker on your battery box as close to the positive lead as you can. Goodness forbid anything ever wore through the positive cable, it would burn the car to the ground.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts