Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,485 Posts
All I can say is it’s apparent you are well versed in the body and frame repair work, not intimidated by it, and don’t talk about something for weeks, you get it done. Very impressive work. Trying to fix others work is the biggest complaint I think I see most often. I am not a body guy or welder, so I find people with your learned skill set very interesting to watch. Keep posting progress as I’m sure you’re helping many other members on here that are learning from you. This is what this site is about, sharing knowledge. Good job brother!

· Registered
1,485 Posts
A quick drove by to post a couple of pics of the windshield area on the 70, I shot some primer surfacer on it just to take out any minor imperfections, tomorrow I will sand it and seal the area along with the top of the dash.
Now if i can get ahold of the glass guy...
View attachment 450008 View attachment 450009
Just my experience friend. I wouldn't put front and back glass in until you paint the car. If you ever have to replace either, and you cannot get the new glass rubber moulding exactly where the old one was, you'll have problems. Or if a new rubber moulding isn't the exact same size.
I know because I did it. I did put a piece of rope under the rubber when car was painted to get the paint as far into it as I could, but it was still a hassle for glass guys. Lucky for me they were muscle car guys. Just an idea to think about. Good progress on tough tasks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts