Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the joy of assembling a car while having never taken one apart. I'm getting there slowly with some excellent help from you guys and my manuals. But Hardware/Fasteners seem to be my biggest source of anxiety. We had a good discussion here:

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662985#/topics/662985

About the value of a hardware kit. It's about time to make that purchase and I'm still wondering about how to find the random hardware that isn't included in a kit such as the quarter window regulator hardware and the screws that hold in a vent window assembly. Is there a book that lists all the hardware used? I haven't found this information anywhere.

Thanks!

I do recall seeing vent window assembly hardware included in the bazillion dollar Stainless fastener kit at classic industries. I don't want to buy that kit!

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
You might be better off finding a parts car for all of the misc hardware items. I would imagine any 68-74 would work, 2 or 4 door. You could probably buy the car for less than what it would take to get all of the hardware.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at one but all the hardware was so rusted I didn't figure there would be much left of it after rust removal. I think that's going to be the case for any of them cheap enough to be parts cars, but my eyes are always open for novas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts