Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
You can buy the back window windlance kit. As for the trim from the A-pillar to the back of the quarter window I don't think they repop that. The door jam trim I have seen isn't even close to the originals. These pieces will need to be found from a donor car.

Jason

·
Registered
165 Posts
CAn you post a picture of the windlance trim you ordered?
I missed this, I assume you where asking me? If so I can get get a picture, I tore the car down after they were installe so I will have to dig them out of the box. I only got the door jamb windlace, not the headliner or rear window parts. I think I still have the originals to put side by side, stay tuned.

Centofanti, did you end up finding repro headliner or rear window windlace somewhere?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I too have ordered the door jamb windlace and would like to see a couple of pictures on how things get put back together..

There's a little metal tab that for the life of me, I don't know where it goes or gets attached to?
The little metal tab has a sheet metal screw that holds it to the door jamb near the top. The folded over flange part of the clip fits inside one of the "lips" in the windlace.

I dug my doorjamb wind lace out today and I was wrong, side by side you can tell a difference from the originals. The texture and shape are both different. That said it does fit well and doesn't look out of place on the car. But it is not an exact reproduction of the originals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts