Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the aluminum lines (To Carb - Return) from the top of the gas tank supposed to move? Mine are free and can be turned. Is that OK? I have guys working on the car and they are leaving soon, so time is of the essence...Thanks, Jack

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
fuel lines..

If you are talking about the fuel lines...they are steel, not aluminum.
As for "moving"...do you mean they are loose where they join the tank??

I would think that any fuel line(s) should be securely attached to prevent leaks and vapors...if they are that loose, stop and figure out why..and then fix it!

wilma

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are talking about the fuel lines...they are steel, not aluminum.As for "moving"...do you mean they are loose where they join the tank??wilma
Hi Tom thanks for the reply. Yes, the steel lines out the top of the gas tank. They will move around where the join the tank. I did not know if they had a rubber seal to let them move or if they are fixed in place. Mine will move back and forth. If they are fixed then I need to buy a new one. Jack

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
The sending unit has a rubber washer under it with a lock collar that you tighten down, this holds the sending unit in place. Is the collar loose or the fuel line broke?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sending unit has a rubber washer under it with a lock collar that you tighten down, this holds the sending unit in place. Is the collar loose or the fuel line broke?
Hi MB, thanks for the reply. The lines don't appear to be broken just move where they connect to the lock collar. I think I will buy a new sending unit. Got any recommendations for a new "QUALITY" one? I have seen a lot of threads complaining about the poor quality of replacement units...Jack

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you buy a sender you could drop the tank to ensure the sender is in tightly. It will also give you a chance to see the sender in order to compare with a new one if you go that route.
Jay, we dropped the tank and the sender was in tight but the lines are loose but won't pull out. They will move all around though. Thanks, Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts