Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came with a 307 over a period of 5 years it has been apart and I have owned a couple of sub frames. Well I put a 350 motor back in the car and the factory points style dist barely hits the fire wall. Did I get messed up on motor mount post?

On a 1970 350 ci motor mount can some one tell me the the distance from the frame to the bolt hole center.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Frame mounts

Did you mess with the frame mounts? body mount at firewall lined up? You should have about 1 inch clearance between stock small body dist.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was a great suggestion but their is no space between the mount and stand. But I am running a 2004R and a aftermarket trans mount and it looks like it is lower than usual at the back of the motor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
frame mounts

there are different holes in the subframe to allow different engine configs.
l6 cyl. sbc V-8 and Big blocks 396-454 Are you using the old style mounts or the later clamshell style? are you sure its a 68-72 subframe?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That was a great suggestion but their is no space between the mount and stand. But I am running a 2004R and a aftermarket trans mount and it looks like it is lower than usual at the back of the motor.
That would do it too - you can shim the trany mount - provided it is installed properly - just loosen the motor mounts first - Oh and make sure not to let the tail of the tranny drop or your gonna break your dizzy and possibly mess up your firewall while your at it... :eek: ask me how I know:eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I put the subframe back I took a foot long piece of 1/2 all thred and put it up into the guide holes at the firewall body mount. I then put a nut on it and moved the subframe until it hung straight down. I did this at the same time on both sides. I also have pre fit the fenders and hood.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I look at Ground Up they show different frame brackets 307 is different than 350. I have 307 frame brackets. Does anybody know the difference?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If the body mounts are worn it will create clearance issues. I could get full throttle movement until I installed new ones in my car and I now also run an HEI unit.:yes:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts