1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970 Nova
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this eBay listing might be of interest to some
1970 Chevrolet Nova 24K miles

Priced high and certainly out of my price range, but I have also seen other L78 cars listed for higher prices.

Some detailed photos in the listing provide some documentation for those restoring one

·
13,813 Posts
Can't deny it's a very nice car. If it's everything it states, including the original 24K mileage, I would suggest that's not a high price. As usual, lots of questions and perhaps a few things not quite what they appear to be. Who knows.

Bob

·
Registered
379 Posts
Pretty crusty undercarriage, lot of issues in the engine compartment but could be corrected easily, priced about right
considering all the original drive train.

·
Super Moderator
3,887 Posts
Looks like a nice car. ALWAYS have to be suspicious of body/floor rot on any car spending significant time in New Jersey, but this looks manageable. When I'm not sure of the market, I look for 1) other comparable cars, or 2) what else can I buy for $49K? On count one, very few comps, and the last I saw was an unrestored one for $20K that needed absolutely everything, with some rust. As for $49K, if you look at Impala/Caprice, Camaro, Chevelle or truck with the same drivetrain, I'd take the Nova at that $ and condition. If you want one, you sure can find other moused up ones or tribute cars for that kind of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts