Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some rot on both driver and passenger side front and back floor boards and both toe panels. I have always been told only replace the rotten area's. What is the best route with this? I have already bought the full left and right panels and toe boards but should I replace the entire panel or just the rotten parts?

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,313 Posts
That was a question I asked myself a hundred times. I would patch the bad spots but when you start looking at it, it gets bigger and bigger. I replaced exactly what you bought. I retained the hump.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That was a question I asked myself a hundred times. I would patch the bad spots but when you start looking at it, it gets bigger and bigger. I replaced exactly what you bought. I retained the hump.
I second Jmark. Did the same thing plus some fabrication on toe kick and even one of the body mounts. I’m in the process of repairing the passenger lower kidney/cowl area of my car now. Already done the driver side. If you look at the GM’s cowl design, it’s obvious why these cars rust so badly on these corners. All the water from the cowl vent runs down into these corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents, That was the direction I was leaning but I guess I just needed that validation that I wasn't alone in my thinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts