Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working on a 70 bb car and i don,t believe the rad support is correct so i measured my opening on my 69 and its 21" this 70 is 23"???? so i try to install a repo big block rad from j&w well its way too close to the water pump let alone get a fan on the thing, there are no welds nuts on the support???what do i have guys thanks ???:confused:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
There are only 2 welded nuts on one side the other uses a rubber expansion plugs and bolts.

My 69 fan is real close to my rad and the opening is 23" on both my BB cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would the big block support also have the lower cradle piece made onto it for a small block floating rad??? also is there any difference in the bb vs small block support besides the weld nuts??like somehow more room for a rad??thanks:)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The BB rad supports are different at the bottom, they're trimmed on the ends to accommodate the wider rad for the BB.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The BB and SB Rad. supports are the same stamping . If you look at a SB support you can see the outline of where it would be stamped out for a BB versions larger opening . The bottom plate (SB rad. support) is there on the BB version but not used . The BB support has extra weld nuts installed .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my rad support is just weird it is a 23 " opening like big block just don,t see any weld nuts just holes???someone said it might be a 73-4 hd cooling support that they made??

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
rad support..

my rad support is just weird it is a 23 " opening like big block just don,t see any weld nuts just holes???someone said it might be a 73-4 hd cooling support that they made??
I see you are in PA...send the rad support to Wayne Bushey at NNN. He will add all the proper holes and hardware to make it correct for the BB application. They do this all the time and it comes out great. You could also just fake it and use a nut with a star washer that bites into the support to hold the rad in place...having it done with the welded nuts would be the best way to go in my opinion.

let em know if you need more help.

wilma

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
radiator support..

NNN is 717-252-4192 or 717-252-2383

www.nnnova.com

[email protected]

I thnk they charge around $250.....I have had it done on our 68 yellow car. You can't tell the difference....many others have had it done as well. Their work (NNN) is first rate...you won't have any issues.

wilma:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts