Discussion Starter #1
here's the good news:
my first run of the night was great!
60ft- 1.782
330- 5.020
1/8- 7.739
mph-90.19

here's the bad news:
the rest of the night 60fts stayed around 1.85 going as slow as 1.900. 1/8th times ranged from 7.91-8.08. mph was hovering around 87mph with the exception of two, one 88mph and one 89mph. i don't know how i did it...i tried changing things around (launch rpm, burnout, car temp) but i couldn't 60ft that good again and i think that may be where my problem lies. did i just get lucky and get just the right amount of slip from the tires and converter? right now i've got slapper bars, summit drag shocks on all 4 corners, stock springs, and i haven't played with pinion angle. i really don't know where to go with this, neither does my old man. we're just plain stumped!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Nice run!

Your MPH seems kinda all over the place. Even when I was getting 60's in the 2.1 range I was still pulling right around 85MPH. Its never varied more than 1 in the 1/8 this year no matter what the 60'.:)

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then maybe it's a carb issue? i tried an 850 that was in better shape than my 650 and wasn't making under an 8.20 run. the carb was too big and killed my launches. now i'm back to the 650 and consistently in the 7.90's. it's a straightleg booster 650 double pumper and god only knows how old it is...it sucks a little air and loads up a little down low. driving around town it has a little stumble down low when you punch it from low rpm's but when i clean it out at the starting line it doesn't hesitate at all on launch.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I was gonna say it may be a carb issue. The 850 was no doubt too big for your setup. If you can get your hands on a 750, that just may be the ticket.

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey now i'm workin on it dave! my check gets deposited thursday. thursday afternoon: i place my order (knock on wood)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts