Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 with a 250 inline 6. I'm swapping out the 6 after I picked up a 75 with 350. Since I want to clean up the clip and steering linkage, would it be better to remove the clip, motor and tranny from each as a unit or pull motor and tranny, then pull and clean up the clips then swap? This is a daily driver project for my 17yr old son.

·
Registered
191 Posts
clean up

i would take front off. remove front bumper, hood, 2 radiator support bolts and all back fender bolts it lift off. while your at it replace the body to frame bushings. probably shot anyway.

·
Registered
166 Posts
We redid the front of my 70. Pulled the engine, resealed everything and painted it. Overhauled the TH350 tranny in it. Replaced all bushings, tie rods and ball joints. Master-cylinder, rotors and front brake lines. Replaced front clip, AC and engine wiring. Painted engine bay but did buy new inner fenders. Everything was about new, including bolts.
Take the front clip off, not that much more work and you won't be working around everything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. I'm thinking I'll do just that (swap clip with motor/tranny in it). While the front end's bare, a good cleaning and some paint. the inner fender wells are in great shape but will still paint. Just about everything that gets pulled will be either replaced or painted. Ordering a new 4 core radiator as well. The parts car also has a tilt steering wheel I'll swap over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts