Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's relatively easy to be a little too critical about someone else's pride and joy, but, some people have no clue what the words "tribute" and/or "restoration" even mean...and therefore should not be allowed to touch a classic musclecar.

Prime example... 1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 454 Tribute | eBay

***spoiler alert - 73 SS stripes installed upside down on a 69??? This is a "tribute" to what???

·
13,455 Posts
I think it's a tribute to stupidity. Not paying attention to putting the stripes on right side up makes you wonder what other attention to detail was missed on this car.

Bob

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
# 1 - front bumper WRONG
# 2 - Rear tail lights WRONG .
# 3 - I think the front seats are WRONG ( ? ) .
after about 10 seconds of looking . . . . . . my ass .

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, lots of things wrong with this car...and just about every other "restored" muscle car for sale these days. Buyer beware!

·
13,455 Posts
These days, every second car seems to be a tribute to something. Takes lots of study many times to even figure out what it's a tribute to, if anything. This eBay Nova attached is a good example. It's been on eBay for at least 6 months. The only thing Yenko about this, other than a bunch of add-on stickers and an emblem, is a previous owners zero evidence assertion that it's tuned to Yenko LT1 specs. That silly sticker on the hood was never used on a Yenko Nova that I know of. Looks like a fairly decent car, but in no way a Yenko tribute. Just advertise it for what it is. Forget the tribute nonsense.

Bob

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Hi Bob . .

I just went over & checked this '70 Nova out . . . . . . I call BS , on this one

3rd line down - in the " Vehicle Description" area ;

"The engine compartment is done to origianl specs and looks like it just left the factory"

with a VIN # 113270W411596 .................................... factory " SIX -Cylinder car " ( looks like it just left the factory = with that V 8 ) .

. . . . later , jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts