Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that OEM floor bracing for bucket seats and the seat tracks were being repoped. Does anyone know this to be a fact and where you can purchase them. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yes they are, but they're not cosmetically correct, but will do the job, sorry I have no link to who has them though.:(

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I bought the seat floor braces on ebay for 100.00. I have an original 68 SS with buckets. Matched the brackets up and they where actually pretty much dead on as for measurements. Havent seen any repopped seat tracks yet. I am pretty sure 68-69 use the same brackets and tracks.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The tracks are not repopped and OE's fetch good money! There was a set in our classified for sale, I'm not sure if they're still there though.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Thats what I thought about the tracks. I looked for ever. Finally got tired of looking. Hence why I am making up a set from chevelle brackets.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
My buddy made a set from 4 bench seat brackets.:yes:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
The measurements are on their site for the tracks. They are close but not identical to originals. They will probably work but I have not seen or used them so I can not say for sure.
I would be interested in knowing how they fit if anyone buys them.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seat bracing

Well I need another set and would rather not pay what I had to spend for the first set. It looks like I may have to try these and see how they work. I tried to call when I got home but I'm central time and they are eastern so I missed them.
Can anyone give me any info on the weld in, factory style seat bracing that I thought saw for sale somewhere online. I found a set (8 piece) which are not like the ones in my original bucket seat car. The factory style ones span the tunnel for the inside bolt holes . Can Anyone Help?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts