Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 69 Nova and want to put in a stereo system. I plan on installing a radio/CD in the original radio location. I want to keep the rest of the car stock. I plan on putting speakers in factory locations. One under front dash, two in rear deck. Anybody have a suggestion for the front and rear speakers? Ones that would fit and sound good. Thanks

·
6,556 Posts
You have a 4x10" speaker in the dash and you can install 6x9's in the rear deck.

You can also install speakers in the doors and kick panels.

What sounds good is sorta like asking what color looks best. It's all personal preference.

You need to shop around for what sounds good to you then look to see if what you have chosen fits or can can be made to fit.

So many things can be done. Some installs are easy while others more involved.

I wish I had an easy reply to your question but you have to please your ears and budget.

Jim

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Custom Jim

The size's of the speakers for front and back were what I needed. I just want to have a stock like set up so I can listen to the radio or a C/D if I want to. I do not need a full blown system. Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Keep the factory Am

and put the CD Player in the glovebox, I have awesome clarion hidden in my glovebox, but the original radio is still in the dash, if your restoring, might be a thought

S

·
Registered
329 Posts
I made a bracket out of 1/2" MDF board that fits 2 4" Boston Acoustics in the stock location with the stock speaker holder, and spacer rings for the 3-way 6x9 BA's so that they are hidden and never need to cut anything

Model one and retrosound are the only 2 brands that you can fit in the stock area

1 - 5 of 5 Posts