Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few years of work, I have decided that its time to start showing my progress. What started out as a project just "Fixing Up" a Hot Rod, turned in to so much more. After a few months of looking around, I came across a 69 Nova that appeared on the outside to be just what I was looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the color is, the guy who sold it to me said they were trying to go for the Yenko look

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
69 Nova Garage Build (Cont)

At a closer look, (and all the noise) I decided to give the car a good once over and start planning out what I was going to do. The Motor was a 454 and according to the numbers was out of a 92 Pick up. I then decided to pull it and if it was a 4 bold main, I would keep it. If not...it was going to go......It wasn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Once I got the motor out, I noticed that everything in the suspension was original. Seeing as this car started life as a 6 cylinder, everything on the suspension was trash. No worries, I was going to replace it all anyways

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Now I really had a good view and noticed that where the Windshield wiper and tank were was all rusted out. That would have to be addressed so I decided to just fill it in and go with a smooth firewall. While I was working on that, I noticed allot of bubbling around the window and started picking at it with a ice pock and found a whole new challenge.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The floor turned out to be ok, just a few small pin holes that were easy to fill with my new found welding skills (Joking) but the rear window had to be addressed. Classic Industries had the parts I needed so I ripped out the old and in with the new. The only problem I had was the rusted out drip rail so I made a new one and welded it in. After allot of cussing and redoo's I finally got it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The rear end was also the original Small 8" and the rear suspension was original and trashed as well. I went with Hotchkis Suspension, Viking Shocks, and a Moser Engineering 373 Rear End with Wilwood Disk Breaks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts