Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a 69 Nova; I got an engine wiring harness however, it doesn't have as many wires as the original one there are several large gauge (10ga.) wires that the aftermarket one doesn't have. Do anyone have a diagram that tell which wires go where and color. The harness came from Autowire have looked at others and they list the same one.
Thanks
Jaye

·
6,588 Posts
I'm working on a 69 Nova; I got an engine wiring harness however, it doesn't have as many wires as the original one there are several large gauge (10ga.) wires that the aftermarket one doesn't have. Do anyone have a diagram that tell which wires go where and color. The harness came from Autowire have looked at others and they list the same one.
Thanks
Jaye
I would contact the company that made the harness and see what they say. If they are of no help, see if you can find and post a clear wiring diagram of the harness you have.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I finally got the opportunity to do some work; The new wiring harness had the same number of wires coming out of the firewall however, at the end it had several more wires than the new one. So I took the bulkhead off the firewall and the end clips were totally different, so Im thinking I can just install the new wires to about 4" of the old bulkhead coming out of the firewall...wrong again the blades inside the harnesses weren't even close to being the same. Can anyone provide me with a part# for a 1969 Nova with a 307,
Thanks
Jaye

1 - 4 of 4 Posts