Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase my wheels. Seems like i will be going w 17x7 w 4" backspacing in front and 17x8 with 4" backspacing in the rear. I am running air shocks out back. My question is will this combo work for me. I want that rake look. I don't want them tucked in. On my 70 chevelle, i had 3.5 " backspacing and looked awesome. Anyone out there that can help, i would appreciate it. If this combo does not work can you please give me some suggestions.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am about to purchase my wheels. Seems like i will be going w 17x7 w 4" backspacing in front and 17x8 with 4" backspacing in the rear. I am running air shocks out back. My question is will this combo work for me. I want that rake look. I don't want them tucked in. On my 70 chevelle, i had 3.5 " backspacing and looked awesome. Anyone out there that can help, i would appreciate it. If this combo does not work can you please give me some suggestions.
with that backspacing the wheel will stick out kinda far, what size tires are you going to run?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have a very similar setup, mine are 17x8 all the way around with 4.5" BS and they barely clear the lip of the quarter panel... i think they look too small, so im going to lower it a bit and go from there. if i were to do it again i'd have 20's on the rear and 18's up front...

·
Registered
670 Posts
i have a very similar setup, mine are 17x8 all the way around with 4.5" BS and they barely clear the lip of the quarter panel... i think they look too small, so im going to lower it a bit and go from there. if i were to do it again i'd have 20's on the rear and 18's up front...

THANK YOU finally someone that likes the same wheels as i do!!! I want to run 20s (20x12) in the back and 19s (19x8.5) in the front. But everybody thinks its going to be a donk or im going to get a skittles paint job or something.

·
Registered
94 Posts
THANK YOU finally someone that likes the same wheels as i do!!! I want to run 20s (20x12) in the back and 19s (19x8.5) in the front. But everybody thinks its going to be a donk or im going to get a skittles paint job or something.
no sir! as long as the wheels tuck into the wheel wells they wont look donk, when they aren't tucked and it looks jacked up thats when they look donk! bigger wheels and lower stance seems to be the trend, and i like it...

BTW, you'll never fit a 12" wide wheel under a nova without being tubbed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thats the size tires i want to run on my stock 72. I like the lowerd look so what size backspacing would i need to get the tucked look? sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats the size tires i want to run on my stock 72. I like the lowerd look so what size backspacing would i need to get the tucked look? sorry for the hijack.
If yours isn't tubbed, you'll never fit a 12" wide wheel under it...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Im looking at the Sport Muscle GS wheels. From Tirerack.com. They are on closeout realllly cheap. They look similar to the new Grand Sport wheels.

The fronts would need around 5in of back space. But most wheels that size come with more. so most will have 7in then just use the bolt on spacers.

THe rears would need about 9" of back spacing so you can just minitub.

The problem i have ran into is lack of tires for the 20s. They dont have good sizes for cars. and the ones they do are waayyyy expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rich - you're not the only one who likes them. I'm thinking about getting the same ones. I plan on painting my car in silver. I like the color combo

·
Registered
670 Posts
Rich - you're not the only one who likes them. I'm thinking about getting the same ones. I plan on painting my car in silver. I like the color combo
NIce, your looking at the same wheels? after all the Research im finding i can save 400pr rear tire if i stick with 20 x 11 instead of 20x12. Im using 2006 corvette C6 as my search.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dje74nova that stance is almost exactly what i want! What sizes tires are those (can you include wall height as well)? I actually want the rake a little more agressive then that, would putting 17x8 with a lower wall height tires and 18x9.5 with a higher wall height tires give me a more agressive rake?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dje74nova that stance is almost exactly what i want! What sizes tires are those (can you include wall height as well)? I actually want the rake a little more agressive then that, would putting 17x8 with a lower wall height tires and 18x9.5 with a higher wall height tires give me a more agressive rake?

My rear tires are nitto NT555R 245/45 R17 and my front tires are Goodyear 205/40 R17 im not sure what the wall height is on them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts