Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the correct way to mount the lower part f the fan shroud on a 69 396 car. I have seen plenty of pics for the top bracket and rubber flap but nothing that shows the lower mounts. Are they clips? My repop fan shroud has two "ears" on either side close to the bottom. Do the clips go there?

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, the clips go to those two ears. There's two different type of clips that are used. One little clip that mounts on the driver side and a bigger clip that wraps around the tank on the pass. side. Maybe your radiator has them attached already. If not, you'll have to order some.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Paul,
Those are the short clips for the driver side. Passenger side are bigger and as a curve shape to it. It clips on the back edge of the tank and wraps around, then connects to the radiator bracket. If I could, I would post a picture of the mounting. You should be able to purchase as a complete set of two clips.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'll have to check ours, but I thought the clips were attached to either the radiator or the core support. my memory is going....somewhere...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
True - our rad came with both clips and the shroud just slid into place....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Photos of the Radiator mounting brackets for BB Novas and Camaros
Gary

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm going to have to take some pics of our '69 BB tonight, I honestly don't recall what those clips looked like on the US Radiator - the shroud lined up, and slid into place, so I never really gave it much thought!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts