Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have had some requests for photos...here are some from yesterday. Car is a 31k miles, survivor 6 cyl p/g car...std interior, black vinyl top, am radio....body was virtually rust free, but had lots of cosmetic issues: dings, dents, scrapes...and so on. So we cleaned her up and re-painted in the factory Olympic Gold...I also detailed the underside and engine bay. We used SEM Rustshield black paint with their hardene/gloss enhancer for all the underhood and chassis stuff...that stuff is the bomb!! It comes out bulletproof...well here are some pics. Enjoy...

wilma

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
69 granny..

Hood, fenders and cowl panel were painted in the next booth...the pictures didn't come out to well in the booth, sorry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Moving right along with this project, I see. It looks pretty good so far.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69 granny..

Well, she's out of the paint booth....and looking good. We are going to apint he vinyl roof next...SEM Landau Black Color Coat.....after that we will finish wet sanding and buffing the body. Then the long process of re-assembly...hope I don't ahve any parts left over:rolleyes:

The lighting and my camera skills do not do it justice...it came out real nice. More to follow...

wilma

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
69 granny...

We took the front and rear windshield moldings off tonite...they will be cleaned and polished ( they are beautiful)....got some, sanding, buffing and minor touch up stuff to do and then we will paint the vinyl top with SEM vinyl color coat. Then put her back on the lift...install exhaust system, install front swaybar, "fine tune" some detailing and install starter and other underside pieces. Then it's time for the slow grind of getting all the little stuff put together: moldings, emblems, marker lights...and so on. We will also be working on the interior; installing carpet, door panels and the seats. Stay tuned...

wilma

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update..

Making some progress on the 69 granny project....paint is all sanded and buffed, vinyl top got "re-freshed" with SEM color coat...looks nice. I installed the exhaust system last nite, rebuilt starter, trans cover, kickdown linkage, painted brake drums and tried to install sway bar (guess i need some nuts and bolts)....did some more engine bay detailing and then put it in the plastic bag. Next step is to wash her good and then finish up engine bay and start the "re-construction" process....paint and vinyl top look great....it is not a concours job but it will be a very nice driver....all it needs now is a little more motor :devil:

wilma

Attachments

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Very very nice job! just curious, would you be able to measure the exact location of the holes on the trunk lid where the emblem bolts into? i have to drill my holes on my 69 trunk lid for the emblem....also is the indentation around the trunk lid lock perfeclty round? or is it a little off to the left? thanks so much

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Making some progress on the 69 granny project....paint is all sanded and buffed, vinyl top got "re-freshed" with SEM color coat...looks nice. I installed the exhaust system last nite, rebuilt starter, trans cover, kickdown linkage, painted brake drums and tried to install sway bar (guess i need some nuts and bolts)....did some more engine bay detailing and then put it in the plastic bag. Next step is to wash her good and then finish up engine bay and start the "re-construction" process....paint and vinyl top look great....it is not a concours job but it will be a very nice driver....all it needs now is a little more motor :devil:

wilma
are those the original drums on the car? just curious, whats the casting number on them? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update 5/7/09

We are making good progress on the granny car...a few minor issues, but overall it looks nice. Time to hang the front end and get all the trim back in place....lots of parts...glad I took digital pics. :eek:

here are some engine bay shots...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update on the 69 Granny car..

Well, it's getting closer....engine bay is just about complete, b/s moldings and window trim are done, next step is to finish the front end. Fenders are on but, Idon't have a picture...color and contrasts look real nice. We will button up a lot of stuff on Saturday and then put the interior back together.

wilma

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts