Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to purchase a nice floor shift tilt column out of a 69 Camaro.

Would like to slip that baby into my 71 SS

Would it work ?? Same length ??

The seller assured me they are the same. He has GM keys as well.

Please let me know

Thanks guys

John

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
yeah it should fit, the one i bought a few months ago is from a 69 camaro. havent put it in yet but looks the same..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool !!

Thanks guys for the info.....although the butt-hole already sold it on me !!!!!!

I was pissed !!! He says he has another one...but he's not sure the year....

Dooes anyone know up to what year Camaro columns will work ?? When did they change over to the front mounted steering ??

Thanks

John

( 71 SS )

·
14,586 Posts
tilt columns

I have a 69 camaro tilt column in my 72 nova. i am thinking that it might be 69 only that will fit. i believe that the 67/68 columns do not have the key in them since i think the ignition was in the dash. i ran across a floor shift column that was labeled as 67/68 camaro and it did not have the key in the column.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
1quik69 said:
I have a 69 camaro tilt column in my 72 nova. i am thinking that it might be 69 only that will fit. i believe that the 67/68 columns do not have the key in them since i think the ignition was in the dash. i ran across a floor shift column that was labeled as 67/68 camaro and it did not have the key in the column.
Right you are.

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
Front steer shouldn't affect the column, they just got a longer intermediate shaft. The redesign of the dash and firewall would be more of a factor in the column being changed. I can give some measurements and pictures of a 4th gen tilt column if you want to compare it to yours. Ya never know it might fit. I am putting a tilt/telescopic from an 82 Eldorado in my 75 just to be different :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts