Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've seen the same plastic pins fastening the lower grille filler panel to it's reinforcing panel on original cars. Trouble is, there's only two of those per car, so you'd have to rob three original cars to get enough. A better plan is to use the metal clips. I've seen more original 69s with that type anyway. Get them from the hood to cowl seal of full size cars, Monte Carlos etc. From 69s and 70s. You could also probably find a close facimile of the plastic pins at any auto paint store.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Wayne,
I just bought the last 5 GM pins that Modern Chevrolet had.
I know Ground Up doesn't have any but try JW Nova. Somebody has to have some left!
John.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
This is strange because I just recieved my rubber seal and the guy told me it came with the pins I got it home and surprise no pins if you locate them please post.I'm going to check with soft seal that's where rubber seal came from.Wayne did you get my pics?
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
rad flap pins...

The 68-69 flaps use the T shaped push in style pin..kinda like a piece of spring steel. the 70 cars use the flat button head style..check with wayne bushey at NNN he might be able to help. You can see photos of the pins on the website link...

wilma:shh:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
bbdon's got the ticket! For those who have access to a junk yard with old cars, just pop the hood on a mid to late '60's or early '70's Impala and yank off the hood to cowl seal. The same metal clips were used to hold that seal on, and have been a favorite source for a lot of us :D
M

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
bbdon's got the ticket! For those who have access to a junk yard with old cars, just pop the hood on a mid to late '60's or early '70's Impala and yank off the hood to cowl seal. The same metal clips were used to hold that seal on, and have been a favorite source for a lot of us :D
M
wow, i was not aware of that, that is some great info.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have 12 of the plastic push pins left and I may be able to get some more.If you need some let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts