Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this documented 69 Acadian SS on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...4624720339QQcategoryZ6172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Missing some Acadian script on the front of the hood and behind each rear side window. Should also have an Acadian nameplate between the tail lights. These pieces can be tough to find. The original steering wheel must have been lost somewhere along the way, too. It'll be interesting to watch how the bidding goes on this car....if any :rolleyes: . IMHO this car would be worth more with the stock 350 engine.
Bob

·
13,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sold for $17,000. Looks like the car is staying in Canada, too.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
That grill is so cool they should have used it for all SS's

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 68

My 68 had the same grill as this one, I have all the emblems still and the rear also. So the grill must not only came on SS cars.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
i have two 68s & two69s with the same grills
maybe the parts that r SS is the SS embems only; I don't know anyone have any info :shawn

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Pretty nice looking car...I noticed the door panels say Acadian on them...I bet they're hard to find as i dont "think" they're repoped at all eh?

I have to say Acadians are way freaking cool....:cool: :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Acadian Grilles

Regarding the grilles....

(According to the literature and parts books)
Only 68 and 69 Acadians used the grille bars and headlight bezel trims.

68 Acadian SS used the standard "A" emblem in the grille and "ACADIAN" chrome plate in the rear.

69 Acadian SS used an "SS" emblem in the grille but still used the "ACADIAN" chrome plate in the rear.

The 70-71 used SS emblems front and rear.

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Rear grilles

My 70 SS has a stainless piece between the rear lights that has the Acadian name with the maple leaf on the right side. The piece does not quite go to the sides like the Nova SS piece does. I think the dealer literature mentions this piece and may even have a picture.

My car came with the Nova SS piece installed and a bunch of extra holes. The Acadian piece came in the trunk. As soon as I can get the cash to do the bodywork, the Acadian piece is going back on. Looks better and it is different.

Other 70 non SS cars have the Acadian block script on the right rear.

I am not sure about the 71 cars. The only one I have seen had a mix of older Acadian scripts and Nova badges.

Glad to see this car is staying in Canada. I think that those front grilles look better than mine.

Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
we are having the exact same problem our 70 Acadian has the large plate and a gap between the taillights is the gap supposed to be there? i have yet to see a picture of a factory 70 SS Acadian i am looking for the Acadian block script for the hood if anyone would like to part with one :D

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
we are having the exact same problem our 70 Acadian has the large plate and a gap between the taillights is the gap supposed to be there? i have yet to see a picture of a factory 70 SS Acadian
Yes, the Acadians are different they leave a gap. I'll try to see if I can find a pics for you.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
thank you for clearing that up there is constant bickering between me and my dad about this
Glad to help, welcome to the site. You should be able to get the most amount of info here, then you probably will any where else on the Acadians, as well as, any other info on these cars right here at SNS.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
we are having the exact same problem our 70 Acadian has the large plate and a gap between the taillights is the gap supposed to be there? i have yet to see a picture of a factory 70 SS Acadian i am looking for the Acadian block script for the hood if anyone would like to part with one :D

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109529

Check this thread out. Has pictures of the badging of most of the Acadians. My car has the gaps on both sides of the panel. Every 70 SS that I have seen has the gaps.

I have seen the block scrip go up on ebay occasionally. Check the swap meets. I have found almost all of the external trim for my car except for that block. One year only, I think.

Ray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts