Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these all the same? Will a 73-74 dash fit a 72?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I don't think so, I think the column sit lower in the 73-74 cars.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I checked again and Taz is right there are some changes around the column, the pics should explain. I have both dashes and columns and don't mind swapping out to see if they either combo will work if you would like. Let me know my car is in the resto stage so it won't be alot of work. The 1971 has a bezel under the column the 1974 does not.

Pat

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I checked again and Taz is right there are some changes around the column, the pics should explain. I have both dashes and columns and don't mind swapping out to see if they either combo will work if you would like. Let me know my car is in the resto stage so it won't be alot of work. The 1971 has a bezel under the column the 1974 does not.

Pat
I would appreciate it, if you don't mind and I will post this in the best of Q & A for knowledge for others incase the ever want to know.

Thanks for chiming in and help, Pat

Paul

·
14,588 Posts
The 69-72 are the same and have the lower column piece that attaches to it. The 73/74 is different as far as the area for the column goes. It does not have the lower piece that attaches to it. The bracket that bolts the column to the dash is different and mounts the column at a different heigth. The 73/74 bezel as a whole will mount in the 69-72 dash area with no problem as the main part is the same except for some warning lights on different models. I don't remember which way it goes but I think if you put the 73/74 in a 69-72 without changing the column mount it leaves a bigger gap between the dash bezel and the column.

·
5,145 Posts
1972 was the start of the seat belt red light.
73-74 also have a different texture, it is pebble grained like a basketball.
69-72 have a straight line type of grain.
So, 72 is really all by itself.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about the piece that wraps around the dash on the left hand side. Is that the same?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts