Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of these bezels. Actually 2 sets, but 1 pair is on the car, Anybody know what their worth? thanks

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
There seem to be an endless supply on ebay. Still available from GM as well. Sets sell from $99.00 to $125.00. Earl

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering......the set I have in the boxes, with labels, are diff. then the ones I see on ebay, got mine from Mr. Cardo a few yrs back:) .......thanks

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
JohnL what is the part number on the back of the bezel?That will tell you what year they are cause 69 are different from 70-72.

Paul

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, then the ones on ebay are most of the time described incorrectly, what your saying is 68 has a part #( of course ), 69 has a diff part #, and 70-72 has same # ?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well $ talks, but if they only going for about $100, think I'm going to hang onto them for now, I only know that when I see those boxes on ebay, my boxes and lables are way diff then theirs. I opened one of the boxes, was killing me to check them out one day, they match up to the ones on my car, plus both pairs are as shiny as can be, My car has not been in the rain yet, be honest with you, I have not even ever washed her yet, I'm sure mine are for 69-72, but had no idea that the 69 could have their own #.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
John I have a thread with numbers posted 68,69,& 70 all use different numbers.I'm still trying to find out if 70-72 use the same number.Cosmeticly 70 & up look the same 68,69,& 70 all look different when you see them side by side.68 have no slot to adjust head lamp,69 have it but,no vertical line up the center of the horizontal fins,and 70 up have the verticle line.GM still sells the 70 up part # 3949790 RH-89 LH so I believe that's it 70-72 use the same #'s unless some can say other wise this should be correct,same as tail lights 69 lens have 68 date on them.

This is one of the most incorrectly posted items I see for sale everywhere including GM.Must be cause of ease of interchangeability.

If your 69's are for sale let me know cause mine need replating and it's not cheap,I'd rather buy good ones after hearing the price of plating.

Paul

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry, I incorrectly asked the wrong ? on first post....Thats right, the 69, no rib, mine have the rib, I have that wrote down and I still forgot it. Where I'm confused is, everyone says you can get the 70-72 bezels from GM, you mean they are re-tooled bezels they have? or they have NOS ones still on the shelf?.......thats why I say my boxes are diff. cause' I believe these are NOS. thanks

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
That I'm not sure about when I was going to order them I looked up the part# and noticed it was correct for 70 up so I never did.The plastic filler panel I got is repop so,My emblems I'm not sure,and the shroud I think is repop,so my guess would be they are repop cause the year that's available is most common easier to sell cause 3 model years use it.

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
You can still buy the bezels from GM and the platic filler panel as well. The screen at Gm shows the parts # as 69-72 Nova ..... Joe

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
That part # is 70 and up 69 are different but they do fit they are just not correct.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts