Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What holds the radio up on the drivers side? I have the bracket on the passenger side and it woks well. Now I'm trying to figure out what supports the drivers side. I can't see where there would have been a bracket. The passeneger side isheld up fine but the radio want to fall back on the drivers side. The assembly manual shows on side (the side I have) but not the other. Is there a bracket? Both 68 dashes I have show lots of wear; were the radio has been sitting on them.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
Mine is in A box in the garage, if I can get to it i'll see if I can help out. It's been out for A while so I can't remember exactly what supports I had.

Tommy:)

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm going to start wiring up the factory ignition switch tonight. Ron Francis gave me the wiring harness connections today. After that I plan on reassembling the the instrument cluster mix and matching the best of three. The radio is held in on one side very well. The other side doesn't have any brace listed or pictures that I can find. I don't think that the single brace will hold the radio in and up in the correct location. I have have to fab something up the best I can.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Checked my radio for you on my 68. It only has one bracket and it is on the passenger side like you said. It does fit in there real tight and once everything is tightend down it doesn't move.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
There's only one bracket on the passenger side going from the radio to the dash metal.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tool everything apart under the dash last night and couldn't find anyplace a bracket could have hooked to. There were no holes or in the firewall area or anyplace on the radio itself where anything had been attached. So I build a small bracket out of aluminium. I drilled and tapped the clutch pedal bracket and used a piece of angle to make a support. I was afraid the radio would fall out of the dash. The only bracket in there isn't real strong and the radio would shake around quite a bit. Thanks for the help. :D

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Do you have the metal cups behind the inner radio knobs? They fit into the dash bezel. Then nuts on radio posts hold cups in place. Earl

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the metal cups behind the inner radio knobs?
No. DO you have a picture of what they look like? Mine had the correct face plate and correct knobs, that is the only thing I have.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I have a set around. They are larger than the 69 to 72 models. When I get back next week. I will send you a photo. Earl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts