Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Figured id post some new pictures of the progress. I ended up test fitting the BB to see how it would fit with the Flaming River rack and pinion setup i thought would work on my car but will not fit with the Hooker headers. So had to remove. So if anyone is looking for a new FR rack and pinion setup for a Small block Nova or BB/SB Camaro let me know lol. Also was doing research for a new radiator and found out I needed a new radiator support. So figured I would strip down the front end and freshen it up with some new paint. Now Im at the point to reinstall the new parts. Just need to assemble the BB now.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Hi Vader ……………… not sure ; but what's your 'location' , city & state (not sure if I have asked ? ) .
Ohio . . . ?

Oh man, I hope you get your 68 going like you want …………….. but, I hate that your cool 'six' had too
come - out. That's the way things happen, sometimes.
Really nice job on the "clean front frame section . . . looks sharp" . Keep at it ; in no-time , you'll be back on the road.
Another question - - - - - I may like too see a picture (more - of) that "Green Fender car" (Model A - - 32 . . . ? ).
I've had my 31 5-window for over 30 yrs , and still working with that car . . . . one-of-these-days, I hope.
Good luck on u'r swap , and Be Safe out there . . . . . . . . more up-date pictures, anytime .
………. later , jim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good looking project ya got there, I liked the 6 banger but the 454 should be fun too. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Thanks Guys. Yeah the 6 cylinder was cool and not to many people keep them but Im one for the power and sound. was fun while it was in the car but this is a temp motor till I build a turbo motor. Twinshadows that is my dads car Ill post up some picks of what hes got also that 1929 Model A is For Sale. Hes a big motor head which is why I am myself. Im in the Cleveland area. I finally got the big blocked build and waiting to get some bolts for the intake mani, valve cover, and headers. Also ended up going with the Classic Performance 14:1 power steering box since the Flaming River setup didnt work. Ive been working on 2 cars during my quarantine time at home. Hope to have them both running within the next 2 weeks. Ill add some update pics of my cars and a few of my dads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)

Here are some pics i have of my dads cars. He build/ did all the work to them. Only car he didnt paint was the Nova his buddy painted.

1930 Model A

1929 Model A - only one he didnt build just fixed brakes and changed wheels.

1929 Roadster not finished working on it now.

1950 Chevy

With new grille

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
1961 Cadillac Deville doesnt have it anymore but one of my favorites

1962 Chevy II his race car

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Hi Vader . . . .

That's some "outstanding cars" . . . . . I'll take any one ; but, I'm with you on the 'Caddy' . . . . very nice .
That '29 = Buick motor ? . Oh yeah , I've got a '322 Nailhead in my shop, my good buddy gave me the complete Buick motor (w/everything .. including the original 3 speed trans , still bolted on . . (free) ……... (but, already have a nice 327 for my '31 / 5 window. About the '30 coupe - - - what gas-tank does he use ? I'm going w/ TANKS 32 / 15 gal , out back .

Back to the 68 . . . . . . Big - Dog . . . BBC , nice , for sure . And, I like everything about your Nova …………
either set of wheels look really 'sharp' .
Our cars are very close - - - my 69 -- was just a plain - jane ; no frills type car (only option Grand Pa bought was the 250 motor (L22) , with P/G (M35) , and A/C (C 60). I do have the "body side trim" & Dog-Dish caps .
But no 'trim around the windows' …………… and, now running a T 5 trans.
May be with all this "stay-at-home-time" . . . . we have , you can get 'building - time' for your 68..

Be safe out there . . . . and, keep posting , Thanks .

later, jim

(I sent u a 'conversation' ) .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts