Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(new to the thread/posting and also my first one. The game plan is lq9 6.0 swap into my 1968 nova, this thread will unfortunately go by slow because im 21 year old working college student. So time and mostly money will effect this build. but any tips, suggestions, ideas ect. are welcomed ) so this is my original thread i started but got locked out of my account so i had to make a new one

recap of what i posted http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597449

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it from a friends uncle, in brought it back to him to show all the flaws he drive shafts complete rusted and ended up get $400 back. So basically $500 for the housing and differential. This pic is sand blasted with all the replacement parts etc. disk breaks, plan On having it together in about 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought my 71 when I was your age. Keep up the work. I ended up blowing everything apart and doing it all finished the car 10 years later.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my 71 when I was your age. Keep up the work. I ended up blowing everything apart and doing it all finished the car 10 years later.

Thanks man plan on getting it running with the ls swap before the end of the year

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
post a pic up of your frame stand mounts and measure them... there are a few types and they can affect your ls swap

I used dirty dingo sliders and moroso solid mounts... worked like a charm and my driveshaft didn't need modifying

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered new gas tank from summit racing 2 days ago. Perks of living in California. I got the efi tank from tanks company.. price tag was hefty $500 but I thought about having to chop up my old tank or buying an outside fuel pump but for $100 more I could make it easier on myself

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
post a pic up of your frame stand mounts and measure them... there are a few types and they can affect your ls swap

I used dirty dingo sliders and moroso solid mounts... worked like a charm and my driveshaft didn't need modifying

Could you show me what mounts you're talking about

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ordered new gas tank from summit racing 2 days ago. Perks of living in California. I got the efi tank from tanks company.. price tag was hefty $500 but I thought about having to chop up my old tank or buying an outside fuel pump but for $100 more I could make it easier on myself

Don't forget your pump filter sock! I forgot to install mine twice... of course after sealing all the gaskets and torquing them down. Glad to see progress!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! That's a much better start than I had. I bought one and once I had quarters cut off it was toast underneath then got another and married the 2 together

I've have a lot done to it already, so this is skipping wayyyyyyyy ahead . Had the suspension changed, breaks, interior, seals.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

So I picked these seats $40 for both, plan on getting them reupholstered but also modified so they hug better and chop them low because high bucket seats in a classic don't look right sometimes. Plus I plan on having 500hp with the ls motor and bench seats might no be ideal... my upholstery guy told me $600 for both not bad deal at all

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The rear end is coming together finally. Hopefully done within a week

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't forget your pump filter sock! I forgot to install mine twice... of course after sealing all the gaskets and torquing them down. Glad to see progress!

Thanks man I'm not to sure if they sent it, I'll be giving them a call back

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Test fitting and mock up of the bucket seats. Keep in mind they're going to be cut lowered and reupholstered, going to need to change the brackets on the bottom.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts