Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where too look for this type on info so I thought I would throw it out to my fellow Nova owners.

This past Thurdsay evening while testing at ATCO raceway, I was involved in a pretty bad accident at the top end of the racetrack. My pride and joy suffered extensive damages from basically a head on collision with the wall at about 145-150 MPH.

What I am looking for are the factory chassis specs for the 68 Nova. These would be the factory reference points for the the factory mounts for the the front subframe, the rear subframe specs and reference points for suspension mounts, reference points and measurements basically for the entire factory stock chassis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bummer-- hope you can save her. A starting place is the "Body by Fisher" 1968 service manual in the underbody section 3-5 to 3-9 GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
338 Posts
68 Nova Chassis Specs

Just another good idea other than the GM Assembly Manual.:yes:

If GM is still fully funtional:
Call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020 (toll-free US number). Tell them you are restoring a 1968 Chevy II Nova, and that you would like some data to help you with your Chevy labor of love. They will then request your Nova's VIN, and then ship you a thick manila envelope package of Nova documentation that includes a detailed and extremely (though not perfectly) accurate original AMA specifications of that year Chevy Nova and the RPO options, plus interior, chassis, and power train information. This, unfortunately, does not include the exact original options or configuration information on your exact car unit (no window sticker or build sheet), but it is FREE!!! And it is worthwhile for you to obtain this information for your car's restoration.:D

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 7047
Troy, MI 48007
(800) 222-1020

The package will actually be shipped by and from:
MSX International
Attn: GM Chevy Resto
1426 Pacific Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-1571
Phone: (800) 222-1020
FAX: (248) 475-7460

Telephone numbers are the same.

·
Registered
338 Posts
68 Nova Chassis Specs

I forgot to mention it takes about 10-14 days max for you to receive the GM Restoration Package from Auburn Hills, MI

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Just another good idea other than the GM Assembly Manual.:yes:

If GM is still fully funtional:
Call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020 (toll-free US number). Tell them you are restoring a 1968 Chevy II Nova, and that you would like some data to help you with your Chevy labor of love. They will then request your Nova's VIN, and then ship you a thick manila envelope package of Nova documentation that includes a detailed and extremely (though not perfectly) accurate original AMA specifications of that year Chevy Nova and the RPO options, plus interior, chassis, and power train information. This, unfortunately, does not include the exact original options or configuration information on your exact car unit (no window sticker or build sheet), but it is FREE!!! And it is worthwhile for you to obtain this information for your car's restoration.:D

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 7047
Troy, MI 48007
(800) 222-1020

The package will actually be shipped by and from:
MSX International
Attn: GM Chevy Resto
1426 Pacific Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-1571
Phone: (800) 222-1020
FAX: (248) 475-7460

Telephone numbers are the same.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the restoration package is now $50. Additionally, they don't seem to have anything for '68. They do have '69 and '70.

Don

·
Super Moderator
7,176 Posts
The Fisher Body service manual should help you. I'm pretty sure '68 and '69 manuals are pretty much the same. I've included a '68-'69 crash sheet that may help.

·
Registered
338 Posts
68 Nova Chassis Specs

I think BrickYardBoy deserves a "attaboy" for his post.:cool:

Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Plain and simple, this should give BlownChevyII what he needs.:yes:

Gary

·
Registered
338 Posts
68 Nova Chassis Specs

Michael, that pic of your car looks great!:yes:

Is that color GM Indigo Blue?:rolleyes:
I had a gold 1970 painted Indigo Blue back in 1997 in Texas, costs $3000.
And that was PPG basecoat/clearcoat, doorposts, trunklid, everthing.
Wish I could get my Camaro done for that price today

Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts