·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wtb-exhaust for a 68 bbc nova has open headers on it now

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, first off, I run Magnaflo, but it's only 2.5" behind my BB and I love it!:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
BB Exhaust....

Couple of questions:

engine size..??

collector size on current headers..??

HP level of engine/how radical is it..??

most 396-427 cid. engines perform better on the street with a smaller tube header 1 3/4- 1 7/8.....454 and up can handle the 2" tubes....the really big ones may be able to handle 2 1/4"....the smaller tubes make for better low end torque...I think a 2 1/2" system with a cross over pipe, quality mufflers and stock exit locations is the best for the street. Avoid short dumping under the axle or in front of the rear wheels...the echo and vibration will give you a headache. A stock appearing system with good quality pipes, mufflers and hardware is the way to go. I'm not an expert on all the different muffler choices....but I'm sure the boys can chime in. You may also want to look at a complete system form Pypes....I know several Nova guys who have used their products and are very happy. Some of the catalog companies sell their stuff....good luck.

wilma

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Couple of questions:

engine size..??470 big block,bb2plusheads,1050 dom,13.5.1 comp.team-g intake,****y hooker header,700lift roller,

collector size on current headers..??3 1/2

HP level of engine/how radical is it..??it up there

most 396-427 cid. engines perform better on the street with a smaller tube header 1 3/4- 1 7/8.....454 and up can handle the 2" tubes....the really big ones may be able to handle 2 1/4"....the smaller tubes make for better low end torque...I think a 2 1/2" system with a cross over pipe, quality mufflers and stock exit locations is the best for the street. Avoid short dumping under the axle or in front of the rear wheels...the echo and vibration will give you a headache. A stock appearing system with good quality pipes, mufflers and hardware is the way to go. I'm not an expert on all the different muffler choices....but I'm sure the boys can chime in. You may also want to look at a complete system form Pypes....I know several Nova guys who have used their products and are very happy. Some of the catalog companies sell their stuff....good luck.

wilma
just put on 4'' exh custom made by me and the boys

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I have 2 1/2" pipe behind the headers, unknown brand of mufflers, and mine exits behind the tires. Pics in my "profile" link in my sig...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts