Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering painting my 68 Grotto Blue because Grecian green just doesn't do it for me. Has anyone here had thier Nova painted Grotto Blue lately? If so how easy or difficult was it to get the correct color and how did you get it? I contacted PPG regarding a part number for this color if available and they said that the distributor needed to call an 800 number to get the formulation to make the paint. Has anyone gone through this process and has a part number or formulation for it already? I'm a newbe when it comes to the painting aspect of restoration and any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
1968 Chevrolet Grotto blue code DD, PPG #13512.

If you give that information to an auto paint supplier, they should be able to mix the paint for you on the spot. It should be able to be crossed to other paint brands also.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that is what I thought. Is there any particular paint brand that is better than others? Any I should avoid?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Grotto blue PPG paint

I know it's been awhile since your post, but I recently painted my '68 Chevelle Grotto Blue w/ the PPG formula. I can't say enough about it. In fact, I bought an extra gallon to use on a future project. Not sure when that's gonna be, so if you're interested in buying some, I have an extra gallon. Let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts