Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the door hinges for a 68 are different from a 69-79? I ordered a set of hinges from Classic Industries and they say they are the same for 62-79. I tried putting them on they seem to bind and they were different from the ones I took off. I just went onto Goodmark's site and they show a separate set of hinges for a 68 and they look more like the ones I took off. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I'm no hinge expert but have seen classic industries list parts for years that don't work. Since you know the CI hinges are different and the Goodmark ones have a different part number and look right, I'd just send 'em back to CI and get the Goodmark. You could probably get them thru Nightshade, right here at Steve's. The shipping is a hassle but might outweigh any potential fuss and muss with the hinges.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I've already decided to do. I ended up calling Goodmark direct as they had them in stock and I wanted to pick them up at the shipping place on Monday or Tuesday when I head down so I had them shipped priority. I will find out when I get them I guess. Plus I think I'll be happier with Goodmark ones anyways. Everything else I've used to replace has been Goodmark.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Late 70 and 71 up are welded, I always thought 68-69 were the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts