Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new hood lip molding, but my 'glass hood doesn't have holes drilled to mount it. It requires six holes to be drilled, but I don't want to booger up my hood with trial and error. Is there a template available? If not, does anyone have their hood where I can get some measurements? TIA.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
My stock 69 hood has 8 holes, 4 per side for the lip moulding, each hole is 1/4" x 1/2" they're elongated. With a measuring tape on the outside edge of the hood, the first hole begins at 1 & 1/8" continuing along 2nd hole begins at 7 & 1/2" next hole begins ay 13 & 3/4" last begins at 19 & 1/4" then just reverse this for the other side.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro...that should help considerably.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
My stock 69 hood has 8 holes, 4 per side for the lip moulding, each hole is 1/4" x 1/2" they're elongated. With a measuring tape on the outside edge of the hood, the first hole begins at 1 & 1/8" continuing along 2nd hole begins at 7 & 1/2" next hole begins ay 13 & 3/4" last begins at 19 & 1/4" then just reverse this for the other side.
Wow Taz, that was an awesome way to explain this, this is why I love this site and it's people!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
wow taz, that was an awesome way to explain this, this is why i love this site and it's people!!:yes:
Thanks, and I usually get the same help too, so I like to return it when I can!
NPHNP

·
Registered
252 Posts
Template or placement of hood louvers

Hey Taz,
Perhaps you can help me out also. I'd like to sorta SS clone my '71 (At least the hood) I love the look the hood louvers give the 3rd Gen's. Is there a template I can get on locations to drill the holes, or would you happen to know? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hey Taz,
Perhaps you can help me out also. I'd like to sorta SS clone my '71 (At least the hood) I love the look the hood louvers give the 3rd Gen's. Is there a template I can get on locations to drill the holes, or would you happen to know? Thanks in advance.
When you open your hood you'll notice 2 of the 6 holes are already in the hood bracing too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts