Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use them? Looking for any feedback on fit & finish . I am tired of looking for good GM stuff and thought I would check around to see if anybody has any real complaints. Thanks,Scott

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Anybody use them? Looking for any feedback on fit & finish . I am tired of looking for good GM stuff and thought I would check around to see if anybody has any real complaints. Thanks,Scott
im curious to know how the complete doors fit myself. i started a tread on here a while ago about the quality and fit of the Goodmark doors but no one had any answers for me back then.....so i have no idea if the doors fit propely....

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Dont know about the doors, but the fenders needed some work. Mine needed major massaging ( hammer) where they mount at the A-pillar. They were alot taller where they meet the cowl panel and had to be hammered down.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
My fenders also needed a lot of work.So much so that my body man gave up and asked if he could just patch the originals. Also put on a door skin a didn't notice till after the car was painted that the holes punched in it for the lock and door handle were off a little from where they were supose to be .

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
My fenders also needed a lot of work.So much so that my body man gave up and asked if he could just patch the originals. Also put on a door skin a didn't notice till after the car was painted that the holes punched in it for the lock and door handle were off a little from where they were supose to be .
what brand was the door skin? what side was it? got any pictures of it? thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
re-pop sheet metal...

Finding the assembly line stuff is worth the time and effort...even if it needs some repairs. I have talked to lots of folks who have been frustrated trying to get the re-pop stuff to fit right. What do you need...fenders..?? send me a PM and i'll try to help...

wilma

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had Goodmark fenders for my 71. I gave up trying to get them to fit. Goodmark was absolutely NO help and would not take them back. I ended up Ebaying them cheap and fixed the originals. The originals shimmed up in 30 minutes. I had about 4hrs per side trying to make the Goodmarks fit. Door skins fit ok, no info on complete ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts