Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone seems to sell repro inner fender wells, people I've talked to have said they had to rework the mounting holes, what ones are the better ones and who makes them??.thanks for any help!

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
I used AMD (Auto Metal Direct) and purchased them from Summit Racing. The fit was as good as repro parts can get. I only had to elongate one mounting hole.

Registered
I bought the pair from Ground Up. They were complete junk, not stamped to the proper shape at all. I ended up throwing them away. And I have 10 years collision repair technician experience! I've seen aftermarket junk, but the set I got from them were total trash. Bad thing is I bought them way in advance of actually needing to install them, so I couldn't return them.
Which brings up a good point I read from someone before, don't order body panels/parts until you actually need them, so you can return them asap if needed. As for AMD parts, I've used some of their stuff and it fits great, and I always hear good things about their stuff. I once bought OER fenders from Classic Industries and they were bad too, not junk but not good either. Ended up selling those for a big loss. Also about 3rd gen front sheetmetal alignment, if you've replaced or going to replace body bushings, make sure and reuse that front firewall spacer. It's crucial to fender-to-door gaps, as well as all other front end parts. Ask me how I know that fact too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts