Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done any front or rear bumper mods to their 68-72? Seems like something Foose always does and I was wondering if anybody here has.
Got pics?

·
Registered
458 Posts
i might get a little creative with my bumper in the near future, its a little bent and the chrome is shot, so might as well.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw Foose do a van bumper on TV. He took out the front plate area and replaced it with a doner bumper smoothing out the lines. No place to hang a plate, but in my state we dont need them.. It looked really nice and clean...

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
There is a member here that has a Nova that was done by Foose. It may have tucked and narrowed bumpers. foose.novacaine is his user name.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen that car,,, Foose is a master on bumper mods... Heck,, hes a master and anything......

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you wanted to get really crazy, I suppose you could build a steel version of this bumper.

:D:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's one I really like. It's not a Nova bumper, it's from a Camaro, but it's sweet!!!:yes:

I love everything about this car!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Here's one I really like. It's not a Nova bumper, it's from a Camaro, but it's sweet!!!:yes:

I love everything about this car!!!!!:D
I own a Nova because I happen to like Novas. I have taken some liberties and made some upgrades but I was never willing to cross that line. I appreciate the talent, skill, & craftsmanship it took to build this thing but that car has an identity issue. I, personally, want my Nova to be recognizable as a what it is. A third gen X-body.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I own a Nova because I happen to like Novas. I have taken some liberties and made some upgrades but I was never willing to cross that line. I appreciate the talent, skill, & craftsmanship it took to build this thing but that car has an identity issue. I, personally, want my Nova to be recognizable as a what it is. A third gen X-body.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Identity issue". Anyone who owns a nova would know this is a nova, nothing on it makes it look like another kind of car.
I'm glad that you like nova's the way they are but this thread is about BUMPER MODS so I was sharing one I knew of.

the rear bumper's pretty cool too!

here is a link to the website if anyone is interested in the build of the 1970 nova "Notorious"

http://www.radrides.com/proj.htm

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
has anyone done a pan like that with a stock rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
The license plate part will look real dumb with a standard issue plate in it... Bad planning.

·
3,875 Posts
we had a thread going about that car a while back. If I recall the general concenus was it was a miss for Troy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I find it hard to believe there would be anyone on this site that would toss it out of the garage :devil:

That car is crazy and looks the nuts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts