Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71 Nova, and have eliminated the EEC system. I want to install a new fuel tank with an internal electric pump. But I also want to have a proper vent, not just the vented cap (which only allows air in).

I have been looking at the Aeromotive Gen 2 tanks, as they have the updated pump, and larger capacity than say a Rick's Restomod tank.

However, the 71 Nova tank has the 3 extra vent nipples. The 69 nova tank has 1 nice vent in the top of the tank, which I prefer over being located in the front of the tank.

Will the 69 tank fit in my 71, and locate the fuel filler neck properly?

I would prefer this, as then I can have a good, properly located vent, and can attach an aluminum sheet to the front of the tank flange to mount a filter and regulator, then return to the tank right there.

Any other suggestions for a clean filter/regulator install so that I can run 1 fuel line forward to my engine? I want to keep the install underhood as simple as possible.

From what I have found, there is a 68-69 tank, a 70 tank without EEC, a 70 tank with EEC, then a 71-72 tank with EEC.

What are the differences between them?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Will the 69 tank fit in my 71, and locate the fuel filler neck properly?
I don't see why not, has to bolt in and line up properly. I have not owned a 69. I did a 71 with the EEC retaining it all and adding a sump with a 1/2" fuel line. Currently have a 72 with original tank and vent systems in place.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Physically the tanks from 68-72 are all the same size and layout to the best of my knowledge.
As mentioned it is the EEC and return accommodations that are year specific.
You will be fine with the single vent unless you are considering a return circuit. If that is the case then stick with the 71 tank and soft solder plug the unused EEC nipples.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts