Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have general question for you. My first car was 1970 Nova that I sold after my 1st daughter was born but got my 63 just before that and we (just my wife) thought 2 projects was a little much. Any how I have been wanting to get a 68-72 for a while. I found a 68 roller that I like and feel the price is right. Are there any big differences that would make one be a better option like, parts available, specific hard to get things. It will be a weekend cruiser prob. a 300-350 hp 350, stock 350 tranny, and gears. Im not worried about it being all original. Im in no hurry to buy one so if a certain year may be better in the long run I can wait. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
The 68's have some special parts that are harder to find. Nothing that would stop me from getting another one if I could. As long as the car has most of the specific interior parts you shouldn't have a problem. Most of the other years parts will interchange but not be technically correct.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
As mentioned there is nothing really IMO to say not to buy a 68 for this reason, unless you want a perfect show car, you'll be able to get parts to fit that may not be 100% accurate cosmetically.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hey guys I have general question for you. My first car was 1970 Nova that I sold after my 1st daughter was born but got my 63 just before that and we (just my wife) thought 2 projects was a little much. Any how I have been wanting to get a 68-72 for a while. I found a 68 roller that I like and feel the price is right. Are there any big differences that would make one be a better option like, parts available, specific hard to get things. It will be a weekend cruiser prob. a 300-350 hp 350, stock 350 tranny, and gears. Im not worried about it being all original. Im in no hurry to buy one so if a certain year may be better in the long run I can wait. Thanks
2 projects never work unless your stanky rich and have all the time in the world to work on them or pay someone to build them. I thought I learned that lesson but :no: what did I do I bought another car which I proceded to pour money into taking away from the nova. If you can get it and not spend money on it, and store it inside then do it but if you cant leave it alone then choose what you want more because one project would have to take a backburner for awhile

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 projects never work unless your stanky rich and have all the time in the world to work on them or pay someone to build them. I thought I learned that lesson but :no: what did I do I bought another car which I proceded to pour money into taking away from the nova. If you can get it and not spend money on it, and store it inside then do it but if you cant leave it alone then choose what you want more because one project would have to take a backburner for awhile
Yea I hear ya. I whish I could have kept the prices continue to go up. I have purchased most of the things need for my 63 other tham paint but the money is saved and ready. I want to build a daily driver next.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
If I came across a rust free 68 shell at a good price, I'd put it away for a rainy day.

I'm in Ohio. The last rust free 68 I saw was the one I sold in 1973.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts