Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Nice looking car, a solid one.....

Wonder if he has any paperwork behind the car....

Clean interior also...:yes:

·
13,712 Posts
I wonder why they would pull a 283 V/8 and replace it with a six cylinder when the car was virtually brand new? They must have changed the rad over, too, because the 283 would have had a spacer. It would be good to see the VIN on this car to determine if it really was a V/8 in 1967.

Bob

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
With that price I would like to see paper work on it....:yes:

Or did someone just throw that 6 in there and took out the 8 :confused:

Has a rebuilt carb... on it too

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I wonder why they would pull a 283 V/8 and replace it with a six cylinder when the car was virtually brand new? They must have changed the rad over, too, because the 283 would have had a spacer. It would be good to see the VIN on this car to determine if it really was a V/8 in 1967.

Bob
I have parted out a 67 283 car and had no spacer just a shroud....
I though 66 & 67 did not use the spacer?
I thought they have the wider mounting holes on the core support to mount radiator directly to core support....
I don't know so I am asking

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
My "too good to be true" senses are tingling.....

As has been said to far away and no room or would look a bit further into it.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Looks clean.

These cars are never close for me too have a look-see.
Mine was in California and I bought it sight unseen off of Craigslist. Did a little research on the guy first though and I love my car.:yes:

·
13,712 Posts
I have parted out a 67 283 car and had no spacer just a shroud....
I though 66 & 67 did not use the spacer?
I thought they have the wider mounting holes on the core support to mount radiator directly to core support....
I don't know so I am asking
I have a pic of an 'as original' 1967 Sport Coupe with a 283 and it has a spacer. The 1966 Assembly Manual shows the spacer for V/8s, except L30 and L79. I believe there was a shroud and no spacer for the 283 with the optional V01 HD rad and the same could be if the car was a/c.

Bob

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nova

I used to own this car. He is reading vin and trim tag 115 vs 116. It was always a 6cylinder car.

·
13,712 Posts
I used to own this car. He is reading vin and trim tag 115 vs 116. It was always a 6cylinder car.
So he's just making up the story about the 283 being taken out in 1967:rolleyes:? This didn't made sense from the beginning. I've never heard of anybody buying a V/8 and having the dealer swap it out for a six cylinder....when the car was brand new!

Bob

·
Registered
931 Posts
codes

You know how it is one see's a 116 and thinks it is a or was a V8 on trim tag. Just like the 6 cylinder ss cars same story different car. Car has been painted over 75 percent of body. Drivers pan needs replaced for sure he bought it off a dealer I sold it to 2 years again. Car is out of Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You know how it is one see's a 116 and thinks it is a or was a V8 on trim tag. Just like the 6 cylinder ss cars same story different car. Car has been painted over 75 percent of body. Drivers pan needs replaced for sure he bought it off a dealer I sold it to 2 years again. Car is out of Wisconsin.
I sure am curious how you are able to find all the nicest cars??? Can't seem to open a magazine without seeing one of your cars anymore.....Novas , Mopars and wagons oh my.

I'd say you were a lucky guy but I have a feeling there is more to it than luck.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THAT'S A REALLY DECENT TICKET ON IT, $12K :yes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts