Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing an upper radiator hose. I found a lower that fits perfect, but no luck with the upper. As the title says I have a 67 with an LS3 with Autorad radiator.

Uppers I have tried
Gates 22345
Dayco 72341
Dayco 71620

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's going to be difficult for someone to give you a part # for an exact fit hose.
Here's a tip that works well and I'll bet lots of others here have used it.
Take a welding rod, coat hanger or something similar & bend it into the shape of the hose that fit's your water pump outlet to radiator inlet. Take this bent rod to your local parts store & ask them if you can look thru their hoses to find something that will match. Often times you will find one that is a match or very close but might need the end trimmed, etc. Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's going to be difficult for someone to give you a part # for an exact fit hose.
Take a welding rod, coat hanger or something similar & bend it into the shape of the hose that fit's your water pump outlet to radiator inlet. Take this bent rod to your local parts store & ask them if you can look thru their hoses to find something that will match. Often times you will find one that is a match or very close but might need the end trimmed, etc. Good luck.

Mike
Great suggestion. I've seen guys locally use more than 1 hose and connect them together similar to this article.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/making-custom-radiator-hoses/

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have had luck using a piece of welding rod or coat hanger bent in the shape of the hose I want. then I go to the auto parts store and ask to be turned loose in the back to look for the right curves. Sometimes what you want is in the middle of another hose and you can cut it to fit.

edit: I should have read the responses before me...

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,996 Posts

Mike
+2 on this suggestion. I do it all the time to keep from using the crinkle one size fits all radiator hoses.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
422 Posts
Might have to use 2 to make 1. Section the hose and splice it with a piece of thin wall stainless tube. Then use the gates heatshrink clamps. They look great and you should be able to get a good fit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might have to use 2 to make 1. Section the hose and splice it with a piece of thin wall stainless tube. Then use the gates heatshrink clamps. They look great and you should be able to get a good fit.
This will be my last option if I decide to use regular hoses. I went to the last parts store, and I found one that I think will work and will look great. I will post part numbers if it fits!!

If I am not satisfied, I will end up taking the water pump off and welding XRP quick disconnect fittings and use their clamshell couplings. It will put me back a few days and will be a lot of work. So hoping the regular hose fits perfect that I found.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up finding a perfect fit.

Upper hose- Gates 21441
Lower hose- Gates 22039

This works with an AutoRad radiator/core support with Concept One serpentine pulley system. Maybe this can save someone a headache in the future!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts