Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Currently building a 67 with a 500 HP 406 SBC. I will eventually do a 150 shot. Just installed a full TCI chassis and now need to purchase the tranny. Car is being built for; street, strip, road course, driving cross country and everything in between. Will see more street than anything else.

I have been reading a lot on these two trans and am now leaning towards the T56. I realize it is overkill but I prefer this. Who knows what I will do down the road.

My questions are:

Does anyone haven comments/experience on either of these transmissions?

Any recommendations for clutch brand? Hydraulic throw?

Lastly, does anyone know what modifications (if any) will need to be made for either of these trans to fit?

The TCI Chassis trans mount is pretty adjustable to I feel just about any trans but what about the tunnel and shifter location?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went with the T56 magnum behind my LS3. Definitely go with the hydraulic clutch. The T56 shifts much smoother than the 600 IMHO. I actually use 6th gear a lot on the highway. The tunnel will have to be raised a couple of inches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the T56 magnum behind my LS3. Definitely go with the hydraulic clutch. The T56 shifts much smoother than the 600 IMHO. I actually use 6th gear a lot on the highway. The tunnel will have to be raised a couple of inches.
Thanks for the info! Do you happen to have any pics of the modifications you had to do to the tunnel?

Know if there is much of a difference in modification between these two?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the tunnel section I removed for the T56. Not sure what is needed for the 600. The tunnel is wide enough, but it needed to rise a couple of inches.
Thanks for the pic, appreciate the help. I hope the shifter location doesn't need to be moved as well. I think I am going to go with the T56.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an LS2 / t56 out of a GTO, I just cut a big a$$ hole and started over and made a complete new tunnel. Not very good pics.
This looks great! Did you fabricate the tunnel yourself or is there a tunnel kit out there for the 67?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts