Chevy Nova Forum banner

67 Wagon Shoulder Belt

2273 Views 13 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Joe Buddy
Could someone post a picture of the mounting point for 67 shoulder belt. There is no hard point on my 66 wagon.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Is there any chance you can scan that? I just can't seem to find a 67 wagon and my 66 does not have the mtg point. I'm about ready to just wing it.
Could someone post a picture of the mounting point for 67 shoulder belt. There is no hard point on my 66 wagon.
Are you looking for just a picture of the mounting area or one that is already mounted. My wagon has it's headliner out, so I can snap a pic or two of where the attachment point it in the next day or two. The 67 is set-up for a small backing plate that slides into the upper attachment point to accept the bolt above the B pillar; not sure if the 66 is the same.

Do you need any measurements with the pics?
Are you looking for just a picture of the mounting area or one that is already mounted. My wagon has it's headliner out, so I can snap a pic or two of where the attachment point it in the next day or two. The 67 is set-up for a small backing plate that slides into the upper attachment point to accept the bolt above the B pillar; not sure if the 66 is the same.

Do you need any measurements with the pics?
The 66 Hardtop has the mounting points but the wagon does not. A photo would be nice. I could probably guess at it but if you could give a measurement from a certain point it would help a lot. I just can't see driving in Phoenix without all the protection I can get. Thanks for the reply. PS Where could I put a shoulder belt in the truck?

See less See more
Here are some pics. I hope this helps. There is a rectangular backing plate that you slide in place for the 67 upper shoulder mounts. The pre-stamped opening is where it bolts though to the backing plate.
I'm really confused now. I have that on the drivers side of my wagon but not the passenger side. The belt mounting bracket has 2 holes about 2" apart. I can't see how it would attach. Do you have the belt and how does it connect to the point you are showing?
Do you have the belt and how does it connect to the point you are showing?
No belts yet. They will be aftermarket. Haven't really looked at the passenger side, but i'll see what I can come up with.
No belts yet. They will be aftermarket. Haven't really looked at the passenger side, but i'll see what I can come up with.
I'm not real sure that is a mount for a shoulder belt. And good luck finding a belt that will work. I had a really bad experience with belts I bought from a supplier on the east coast. I had to reinvent the wheel to get them to work. I still cant find shoulder belts. Only lap belts. I'm going to have a set made. Try to get a look at a 67 coupe or 67,68 Camaro and see how the belt mounts. I will try to post a better picture from the assembly manual.
My bad. I was told that it was the mount. But after the other post, I dug further back through the headliner and found the true mounting locations. It's a few inches behind the b pillar and is on both sides. Let me know if you want "new" pictures.
My bad. I was told that it was the mount. But after the other post, I dug further back through the headliner and found the true mounting locations. It's a few inches behind the b pillar and is on both sides. Let me know if you want "new" pictures.
If you can, post a picture. You can see the location in the above page from the manual but it's not clear what it looks like. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. Thanks JT
Here's pics of the passenger side...

As luck would have it, The cross brace in the 66 is at the door pillar and a shoulder belt needs to be where you show the mtg point to work. There is another option that might work. The pics shown in the manual show a mounting point on the pillar for limos. This might be more structurally suited for the belt mounting point. I was thinking the mtg point was about where you show it on the 66 but there would be no strength without the xbrace. With your help I think I can get a lid on this can of worms. Thanks a bunch.
This is 67. You can see where the Limo belt attaches.

See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.