Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a TCI mustang II clip with power rack and pinion on my 67. I have changed over from an auto to a 4 speed and have a few questions before i buy all the wrong stuff so please help if you can. I am installing a basic 350 with a muncie M21 trans. I will be using a 168 tooth flywheel and an 11 inch clutch. I want to know if I still need the 66-67 bellhousing or can i run a normal small block bellhousing? Second I need to know which Z bar and brackets,springs or if there is a kit to convert to a 4 speed and will it work with the new TCI Clip? Third I want to know if I will still buy headers for a 67 nova or just any small block car since I have changed the front clip out? I do not know what will work and what I need to change since adding the TCI frame so please give me a little input if you could. Thank You.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Welcome to the site. As far as the bellhousing goes I would skip buying the stock one piece Aluminum and buy a Scattershield. If you plan on racing it I would go that direction. As far as the Nova style or a regular style I don't know which one would be the BEST.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Had you ordered the clip for a 4 speed instead of an auto, TCI would have welded the clutch rod bracket on the frame for you, in a stock Nova location. You will have to weld it on yourself, and use the Nova "Z" bar and linkage, unless you want to fab up all your own pieces using a late model Camaro setup or something similar..... The bell housing will depend on your clutch setup you choose, as the Nova stock pieces "clock" the clutch arm at about 7 o'clock, so a standard bell housing won't work with a Nova Z bar. For headers, just about any header for a 66-67 Nova will work......preferrably Hooker super comps to "tuck" in and miss your steering center link.....

T,

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
also .. many headers made for a nova fit a whole lot better with a 153 tooth flywheel and /or a mini starter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have the 168 tooth flywheel and 11 inch clutch. Can I use the Lakewood bellhousing 15050 for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts