Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched earlier threads until it's made my head hurt so heres my question.

I'm looking at going with Torq Thrust wheels 15x7 on the rear and either 15x6 or 14x6 on the front. What backspacing do you recommend and tire size. Concerned about front tire rubbing fender in the front if I go 15"

What have you guys used.

Thanks Dave

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
no, and you won't either...

problem is most everyone wants updated brakes. if you'll be staying with drum brakes all around then the stock 4-1/4" BS will be fine, but with front discs the safest BS on the front is 4-1/2" and on the rear with discs will be 4-3/4" to 5" backspace.

join the club brutha... you'll need custom backspaced wheels like all of us...

and in all honesty 17's would offer you more possibilities on tires and rim choice, they're better suited to future upgrades like disc brakes then possibly "big brakes' if that is your eventual goal... Pro-touring etc.

most members will tell you that the 17's would make a better choice, you'll never really have to worry again about wheel & brake combinations in the future and the costs will be real close to being the same...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Flyer, the car is all original and I dont plan on pro touring the car. Most I may do one day is put disc on the from but I doubt it. With the 14" ralleys on the front it looks like there isnt alot of clearance between front edge of the tire and fender. Pretty sure I'll go with 15X7 on the rear not sure 14" or 15" on front, not sure of back spacing or tire sizes. Thats why I'm asking to see what others are running with the same sizes that I'm thinking.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thinking 14X6 3.75 bs front and back after more searching. 205 70 14 on front and 235 60 14 on the rear. What do ya'll think...:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts