Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a SS molding. who has had one redone? I would like a good quality job.
I was thinking advanced plating? Ive used them a lot for chroming. Just seeing what anyone else has done.

Thanks

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
They are a very delicate piece and worth a fair amount in poor condition and I would be very very careful sending to any body for replating.I have seen many ruined.I would call George Lucas and pick his brain about restoring it.It will not be cheap but he normally does an awsome job.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
They are a very delicate piece and worth a fair amount in poor condition and I would be very very careful sending to any body for replating.I have seen many ruined.I would call George Lucas and pick his brain about restoring it.It will not be cheap but he normally does an awsome job.
x2 this can be a very costly mistake if not done right:yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Paul,

PM me your email address (not sure I have your current one). A friend of mine had one redone somewhere and he said it turned out awesome.

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
'67 SS rear die casts are not difficult to replate.

Actually, it doesn't get any easier as far as Novas go.

All the other years either have a unique plating along with an intricate surface finish or fine ribs. The 1967 die cast is a piece of cake compared to the rest and the results are the most original-looking when completed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts