Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did GM make a serious VIN mistake on this 67 Sedan? Whats your thoughts? Description gives the VIN as 11837XXXXXXXXXXX
EBAY # 4624942764

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm certainly not an expert by any means, but I don't think Chevy built ANY SS sedans in ANY line. Always hardtops or convertibles....but I admit I'm no collector and not extremely knowledgeable....maybe I'll learn something new here....
Brett

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awaiting the answer

Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
Here's the link.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1&fvi=1

Big wooops!! on his vin!! Never made such an animal!!

Bogie
Bogie your absolutely correct! We are awaiting the owners answer and explanation on the VIN mismatch.
I believe this was the same car on auction #4624356336, sold a couple days ago on Ebay. Previous owner/seller said the title for the car could not be located, it was lost. Think that may have anything to do with the VIN mismatch?

·
13,977 Posts
Fatcat said:
In 69 Chev made Chevelle SS sedans.
You're absolutely right, Fatcat. The SS option was available for 2 door post 1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Sport Coupes and Deluxe Coupes, the only time in Chevelle history that you could own an SS post. Lasted just the one year and was gone forever after that. Anyone know of any of these around? Pictures? Worth lots of money if you have the paperwork to prove what it is.
Bob

·
Registered
682 Posts
Chevy also made a Chevelle SS wagon in 1973 and Chevrolet Nova's sold in Argentina could be ordered as 4 door SS's.

Her'es a pic of a 65 Nova SS from Argentina with all the correct SS rocker trim, on a 4 door:eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't know if you guys follow that seller at all, but he must have had about 20 66 and 67 novas on there for sale in the last 6 months, I don't know where he is finding them though. He wanted to buy my car when I was at the car craft nationals in the worst way. I told him to come up with a price and he didnt follow through. I think he expected me to give it to him??

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are they coming from

evldoer said:
I don't know if you guys follow that seller at all, but he must have had about 20 66 and 67 novas on there for sale in the last 6 months, I don't know where he is finding them though. He wanted to buy my car when I was at the car craft nationals in the worst way. I told him to come up with a price and he didnt follow through. I think he expected me to give it to him??
Yeah I've noticed he's had quite a few 66-67's cars and parts for sale on Ebay. With being a bigtime wheeler dealer on Novas, he definitely knows that SS Vin does not match that car. My guess is he thinks the bidders/buyer will not notice that fact. May not be a problem in states that don't require titles, but how do you register it and get plates.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I questioned him about the car being a SS. Here is his reply.

This car was missed tagged. I was told the hidden cowl number matches the vin tag. The broadcast sheet has the last 6 of the 11837 vin. This would mean the it is a legit car. I have been dealing in novas for over 15 years. I have seen other cars missed tag in the past.I am going to pull the drivers side fender to verify.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ken; did you buy that car? If you did It would interesting to see the mismatch verification on it. (Build date, sequence number, hidden vin on cowl, an original invoice or registration, etc. all line up and match correctly). If its true it was mis-tagged it really is a rarity. I find it very hard to believe the factory or the dealer didn't pickup on the fact the VIN was for a SuperSport, before it was shipped out or sold. Just doesn't make sense or add up.
Went back to check on the auction, and it was "ended early" item no longer available. ????

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
No, I did not buy the car. A friend of mine has bought 2 cars from this guy and got hosed on the first one. I have not seen the second car(he has only had it a week) so I don't know he did on that one.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
CdnL79 said:
You're absolutely right, Fatcat. The SS option was available for 2 door post 1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Sport Coupes and Deluxe Coupes, the only time in Chevelle history that you could own an SS post. Lasted just the one year and was gone forever after that. Anyone know of any of these around? Pictures? Worth lots of money if you have the paperwork to prove what it is.
Bob
You are right about the 1969 Chevelle SS post cars, Bob. Remember though that the Super Sport ceased to be a model after 1968 & SS became just another option in 1969. Consequently none of these cars can be verifyed by the numbers on the cowl tag. But they are out there. And I have seen both documented & undocumented at the old NCOA conventions. :beer:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I am bringing this post back from the dead because I am curious if anyone happened to keep the VIN # and cowl tag data off this car?

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Bob
The guy I bought my yellow 67 from has one of these. I have'nt seen it, but I guess it needs resto, and he turned down $45K for the car.

·
Registered
520 Posts
buyer?

Auction link doesn't work anymore. With that being said, who was the seller of the car? Was it stangs4sale? Just curious?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts