Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a very nice car. I've have gotten to the point where I have started to notice the little things like the steering wheel and horn cap. Bidding is off to a quick start as well.

·
16,008 Posts
That's a very nice '67 SS. Never understand the need for a repro window sticker, which usually has at least one mistake and full of options that were added to the car over the years. This one has an electric clock showing as an option, when they were standard in the SS. Also, U63 push button AM radio when the radio in the car has no pushbuttons. I didn't think the U60 manual tune radio was even available in '67. In any event, this car should demand good money.

Bob

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a very nice car indeed. I am somewhat prejudiced but 67 SS is my favorite. BaT seems to be the go to site now. Someone posted a while back that they are generating more money annually than Mecum or Barrett Jackson. Pretty impressive

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
I think I could give current price of $25k and have no buyers remorse. 🤣Looks like a beautiful car to me. Wonder what it will go for. $40-50k range I’d think.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Really nice car in a really nice combo. High quality restoration, it seems, with a big effort to retain original components. Be very interested to see what kind of money that commands, as it's about as nice an example as you'll see for sale. $40K would seem cheap to me, rare as it is with 327.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It didn't sell because the seller was uninformed at best and evasive at worst. Vin and trim tags appeared to have been off, didn't show the stampings on engine or trans despite multiple requests from buyers. Something is rotten in Denmark with this one.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree he wasn't very helpful or informed. Lot of people making comments weren't either. He eventually showed the engine stamp. It just didn't have a VIN stamped on it. Mine doesn't either. Just date and suffix code. Still a lot of money in my opinion.

·
16,008 Posts
One of the downsides of BAT are the uninformed comments and questions by some of the viewers. The cowl tag shows a December, 1966, body build and the engine suffix is Nov 15, 1966. Looks good to me. No question that both VIN and cowl tags have been off the car. Always concerning, but not uncommon and needs clarification from the seller as to why. As for the partial VIN on the engine pad, most cars of this era under 300HP didn't have one. In Canada, even the L79 Chevy IIs and Acadians didn't have a partial VIN on the engine.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
As usual, Bob is spot-on. Here's a photo of a '67 L30 (327/275) engine stamp. I pulled this motor from a low mileage '67 Nova SS many years ago. The car had been totaled, but the engine was undamaged. Sorry for the dark photo, but it was stored on a bottom shelf in a dark corner... As you should be able to see, it has the "ZA" suffix identifying it as an L30 that came with a manual transmission - in this case, a 4-speed. As you can also see, there's no partial VIN.
Brown Wood Automotive tire Tints and shades Automotive exterior

1 - 16 of 16 Posts