Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new tank and sending unit in my 67. The gauge seemed to be accurate before I replaced the tank and sending unit. I replaced them due to major rust. The sending unit I installed reads "o" ohms at empty and "30" ohms at full when tested out of the tank. When I connect it to the gauge, the gauge reads empty when the sending unit/tank is at empty but reads only1/4 when the sending unit/tank is at full.
Is a 67 sending unit supposed to be 0 - 30 ohms? or 0 - 90 ohms? The gauge seems to move proportional to the sending unit movement, just on a small scale. All the connections were checked and cleaned.

I didn't test the old sending unit before I threw it away so I don't know what the resistance was on it. What is amazing is that this tank and sending unit were rusted beyond recognition but still worked.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I contacted the place I bought the fuel sending unit from and informed them that they sent me a 0-30 ohm sending unit when it should have been a 0-90 ohm unit. They stated that the invoice clearly states that if the part is installed the warranty is void.
Me: But you sent me the wrong part.......
Them: Sorry you installed it.
Me: Since your not going to try to help correct your mistake I'll be sure and let all my classic car restoring friends where "NOT" to buy their next part.

xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx.com (mod edit - sorry, no vendor bashing please. use PM if you must)

Shop at your own risk
So I'm out $40 + $10 shipping, I'm over it, lesson learned.
Anybody need a 0-30 ohm fuel sending unit fits 62-64 I think.

Jetdoc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx.com (mod edit - sorry, no vendor bashing please. use PM if you must)
Sorry. I kind of thought of it as a vendor "warning". I lose again, but I understand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts